Friday, January 15, 2010

Sushi-O by Monica

Well that was an interesting dinner. Jen, my sister and I went to Sushi-O located in Edison on Route 1 south in a small shopping mall. The inside was decorated beautifully and being on a diet, saying I was starving is an understatement. We sat down in a cozy booth (yea!) and checked out the menu. Great menu. It had colorful pictures of the special rolls and perfect descriptions of each one in English. I ordered the 
 
White Dragon: Shrimp,crabstick,lettuce & crunchy inside topped with white tuna & avocado for 10.95 and the 
Samurai Roll: Crab, avocado & crunchy inside topped with tuna & salmon also for 10.95.

First bite was fantastic, tons of flavor in every bite. Jen and sis tried the White Dragon and agreed it was great. Huge portions, these two rolls were more than enough and I was stuffed. Only problem was by the last bite I didn't feel so great. I gave some more of the White Dragon away and on my last bite of the Samurai Roll...well I thought I wasn't going to keep it down. I was fine but needless to say the sushi rolls left me feeling slightly ill the rest of the night. I don't want to blame the sushi but I don't think I'll be going back their either.

So to recap:
  • Great decor
  • Medium pricing (special rolls $10.95-$13.95) 
  • Bad music (clubby/house music the whole time)
  • Good service (very attentive)
  • Excellent descriptions on the menu
  • Taste was great at first but the enjoyment diminished as the meal went on though.

No comments:

Post a Comment