Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sakura

Tonight Monica and I ventured to Sakura in Fords, NJ. I was a little leary since I had read mixed reviews online. When we got there, it was empty. We were literally the only 2 people in the restaurant. But the atmosphere was pretty cool so I wasn't too worried. It was modern and cozy (and had nice placemats!). People eventually started trickling in. We ordered 5 rolls: Alaska Roll, Four Seasons (shrimp tempura, mango w/spicy salmon on top), Spicy Tuna Roll, California Sunshine (California roll topped with tuna, salmon & baby sprouts) and Ahi Crunch Salmon (Salmon, crab stick & avocado wrapped in seaweed and deep fried). All I can say was that everything was SO DEEEElicious!!!! I could probably have done without the Alaska roll which I didn't think was anything special, but still good! I think the 2 favorites were definitely the Four Seasons (amazing!) and the Ahi Crunchy Salmon Roll. The rolls were a pretty decent size too. We had leftovers which is usually never the case when we go out for sushi. The waiter was very attentive and friendly as well. OH AND the best part was that all the sushi was half off!!! Can't beat that!! This is definitely at the top of my list and I look forward to going back!!

website: http://www.sushi50percentoff.com/

3 comments:

  1. Jen hit the head on the nail, this place was really good. The mango was a little hard to taste in the Four Seasons Roll but other than that fish was fresh and tasty, this place is really close to my local favorite Yummy Sushi! Although I should add that they manually did the half price pricing and the $ didn't add up quite right but hey it was close haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Monica meant that I hit the nail on the head :)...buuuut you get the point! Bottom line- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete